Living As One
Engineering and Development
Plano, TX, USA
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to turn our software into easy-to-use products for our customers. UI/UX Designer responsibilities include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components. A portfolio of professional design projects with examples that are currently running in a production deployment should be submitted along with your resume.
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineering
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Designing graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs, and widgets
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how features work in the system.
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches, and tables)
- Prepare and present rough drafts to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colors, and images
- Interpret data and qualitative feedback
- Create user stories, personas, and storyboards
- Determine information architecture and create sitemaps
- Optimize existing user interface designs
- Test for intuitivity and experience
- Communicate with clients to understand their business goals and objectives
- Develop technical and business requirements and always strive to deliver intuitive and user-centered solutions
- Combine creativity with an awareness of the design elements
- Create prototypes for new product ideas
- Test new ideas before implementing
- Conduct ongoing user research
- Investigating user experience design requirements for our suite of digital assets.
- Developing and conceptualizing a comprehensive UI/UX design strategy for the brand.
- Producing high-quality UX design solutions through wireframes, visual and graphic designs, flow diagrams, storyboards, site maps, and prototypes.
- Testing UI elements such as CTAs, banners, page layouts, page designs, page flows, and target links for landing pages.
- Collaborating with the marketing team, and internal and external designers to ensure the creation and delivery of tailored experiences for the digital user.
- Providing advice and guidance on the implementation of UX research methodologies and testing activities in order to analyze and predict user behavior.
- Adhering to style standards on typography and graphic design.
- Attending a weekly meeting with engineering/product to vet designs and make adjustments
- A strong command of contemporary design tools including Sketch and Invision
- Experience with user research such as surveys, interviews, and usability testing
- Background in designing for mobile-first platforms
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- An understanding of design patterns
- A solid foundation in layout and design
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven work experience as a UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Good time-management skills