Living As One
Denver, CO or Plano, TX – Full Time
At Living As One we create powerful and versatile products which empower our customers to achieve their vision of reaching people online. Our customers might be aiming to reach individuals locally and/or globally, though live-streaming, simulated live-streaming, and video on-demand. Because we provide our customers with flexible and versatile tools to accomplish their objective in the way they see fit, there is a potential that customers can get lost in the complexity of workflows in configuring the tools correctly. Therefore, the reference documentation about how our products work and the guides on how to use the tools within complex workflows need to match the high caliber of quality and intuitiveness of our products.
As a technical writer at Living As One, you will be the virtual link between our products and our customers. You will help our customers help themselves by curating public documentation in a way that is meaningful to them – enabling them to quickly find answers to their questions, and inspiring them with new ideas through guides on workflows for streaming. This role will largely consist of creating, updating, and maintaining both public and internal documentation including general product information, workflow narratives, third-party product compatibility-certification and how-to integration guides, and other self-help supporting documents.
To be successful in this position, you must be capable of describing complex processes in a manner that can be easily followed by both technical and non-technical individuals.
- Own internal and external documentation portals, current and future
- Research, create, and maintain new and existing customer-workflow scenarios
- Work closely with various internal teams to understand and influence product
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and create internal and public documentation
- Assist with writing scripts for training videos to ensure that all documentation maintains a consistent and cohesive voice
- Engage with customers in our public forums and user communities to discover and correct gaps and misunderstandings in documentation
- Keep documentation up to date with current industry definitions and technologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization and attention to detail
- Web Design (including HTML, CSS)
Preferred Experience & Education:
- Experience editing with online publishing software and programs such as Wikipedia, WordPress, etc.
- Technical support, product/project management, or development work experience
- Understand of video systems and video streaming technologies
- An undergraduate degree in Technical Writing, Communications, or Business Administration
- Certification through the Society for Technical Communicators